Your site is ready for an update. How do we know? Because all websites are always in need of an update.
At Trellis we don’t think of websites as a static brochure but as the real-time representation of your business.
Today, if your site hasn’t changed in 6 months, it looks like you have not done business in 6 months. But of course, you have, and you are busy. So what is the solution? Your site needs to be created and designed from the beginning with change and evolution in mind. It should have a CMS (Content Management System) that makes it easy to add updates and new media regularly.
Because we are in the marketing and creative fields, we approach websites as marketing tools to be regularly utilized and connected to everything else, such as your email, newsletter, brochures, reports, social media, ads, sales funnel and customer database, and your operations software if it makes sense to do so.
How to create a website that will take you into 2021
Once you know the website trends for 2021, you will notice how out of date a site can look if it is a few years old. Let’s look at 10 of them here:
- Full Page Hero Image – your main message on a full-screen image or graphic background. This has been around for a few years and still looks current
- Partially animated images or mixed typography, images, and photography
- White Space
- Large type
- Moving, animated bits, and pieces
- Interactive menus
- Mobile-friendly, “thumb-friendly” everything. Design for mobile-first
- Chatbots and other quick access to info. How can a user find what they need without going through submenus and unsatisfying search fields?
- Abstract, graphic art, and frosted effects.
Talk to us about your next web project, whether adding a new section or new functionality or about starting from scratch.